Friday, September 4, 2009

Looking Forward

There is so much going on with so many of our family and friends. People are hurting and trying to heal. As I look forward to the future I have peace because I know that God has a plan. Jeremiah 29:11 says that God has plans to prosper us and not to harm us. He wants to give us a hope and a future. We serve an awesome God. No, we don't know what lies ahead. There are always things that we wish we could change. BUT and this is a big but, God is in control. He is still on His throne. He is still sovereign. We can have peace. It is available. Just like the old hymn says, "there is power in His blood". So my message to everyone and myself is to take heart. "Trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey". Take a deep breath, smile, love God and keep going!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sherry, I'm finishing up A Modern Girl's Guide to Bible Study by Jen Hatmaker and I highly recommend it. Also you need to start posting pics of your house as you get each room done so we can take a virtual tour.

    Amber
    http://www.amberandstephen.com/amber/

    p.s. can you make the comments to where I can sign in with my name and not my google acct. (i know i know...high maintenance)

    ReplyDelete