Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Why Do We Do What We Do?

I find myself lost in a whirl wind of day to day activities and responsibilities. Sometimes, church becomes just what we do. It is part of our "job". Sometimes, I find myself annoyed at all the kids running around in the halls. Well, truthfully just annoyed at the ones that belong to me. I let Satan get the best of me sometimes.

Then, God reminds me why we do what we do. Today, we had cookies hand delivered by a girl that we take to church. With it was a thank you note for taking her to church. In the note it said, "If it wasn't for you guys, I don't think I would've ever accepted Jesus".

Life can be such a struggle. We struggle to balance everything on our plates. But here is what the fight is really for: Eternity. These kids that I come in contact with are eternal beings. The children in my home will spend eternity somewhere. I want it to be with Jesus. It's not just for fun for my kids to take friends to church. Their eternal souls are at risk! How quickly I am to grumble about the things on my plate. Each one is a blessing. Each event is a chance to change where one of these kids spend eternity.

Lesson learned, God. Lesson is learned. God alone is to be praised. If it was up to me, I would spend every Sunday morning in bed watching TV. I'm just being honest. It is because God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power, love and self discipline that I get out of bed everyday.

So, take heart, my friends. You make the same PB&J sandwich everyday for a little eternal being. One day, he/she will have a little understanding on how consistent God is by how consistent you were in making them lunch everyday. One day, your little one will raise their hand in a church service or at a youth camp and ask Jesus to be Lord of their life.

We do what we do because eternity is on the line. We do what we do to bring glory to the God that created us. Rediscover your motivation today!

No comments:

Post a Comment