Monday, August 13, 2012

A New Way to Do Life

As some of you know, I started a new journey in May. I was reluctant to put it out there. I know not everyone agrees with me, and not everyone will understand. In the middle of May I started a candida cleanse program through my chiropractor . Before I started this adventure I was not doing well physically. There were days I could barely move. There were times my husband had to physically pick me up off the floor and put me in bed. I was taking prescription pain medicine every day. My rheumatologist wanted to give me more medication, and only stated that my blood work looked fine to him. My blood work may have been fine, but I wasn't. I was in a lot of pain, and having new symptoms like extreme nausea. To quote Bryce, I was becoming a cripple. I have to say that I had the mindset of "this is just my cross to carry". I know people who are fighting cancer, and some that have a more severe case of lupus than I do. I was trying to be positive. Trying being the key word. It took so much energy to put on a good face when I went out into the world. I would then come home and crash. Most Sundays after church I could barely change my own clothes, and forget about being able to put on socks! There is lots to the cleanse, and if you want more information just ask me. I would love to share it with you, but for time sake I'm not going to write about it here. After the five week "cleanse" I felt so much better. I went from using a cane, and being on lots of prescription medicines to walking pretty much pain free, and being off all those medications. I haven't had to take pain medicine since I started the cleanse. I have completely changed my diet. What I am doing now is called eating healthy. I didn't realize what I was adding to my ailments by eating processed foods. All those chemicals, and all that yeast was literally killing me. I didn't just change my diet and start taking proper supplements. I also continued my chiropractic care. My chiropractor is an amazing man of God. Just so some of you understand, I feel I must say this: I do not have him up on a pedestal. I just recognize that he has changed my family's lives forever. He is just the instrument that God used to give me the information I needed to begin my healing process. He is just like us, and can do nothing apart from God. Anyway...on to current things. One of the side effects of that first cleanse I did was dropping 25 pounds. After seeing those results I have decided to make a 12 week commitment. I have bought and started the 12 week weight loss program through the same company I did the 5 week candida cleanse. 12 weeks. It is not easy. I am admitting to only committing to is six days a week. One day a week I will be more relaxed, like the gluten free pizza at BJ's that I will have Friday night with my friends! I am excited to see what will happen during this 12 weeks. I know that I will be feeling even better by the end. That is what drives me. As I saw quoted before: Being healthy feels better than any food could ever taste.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I'm very proud of you for going outside the box and using information that someone you trusted shared with you!

    ReplyDelete